Kathryn King Sudol is a Partner at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP and a member of the Firm’s Corporate Department where she focuses on mergers and acquisitions. Ms. Sudol has advised corporate, private equity and other clients in a variety of public and private merger and acquisition transactions, leveraged buyouts, minority and strategic investments and other corporate matters.
Selected transactions while based in Hong Kong include representations of:
- Investor group led by New China Trust in pending $4.75 billion acquisition of 90% stake in International Lease Finance Corporation from AIG
- Focus Media in connection with pending $3.5 billion going private transaction by a consortium comprised of FountainVest, Carlyle, CITIC, CDH, China Everbright and Jason Jiang
- HiSoft Technology International in its $875 million stock merger with VanceInfo Technologies
- KKR in its investments in Ma San Consumer in Vietnam, its investments in Magma Fincorp, TVS Logistics Services and Avantha Power & Infrastructure in India, and its sale of Unisteel Technology International in Singapore to SFS Group
- Blackstone in its acquisition of Antares Restaurant Group in New Zealand, its investments in International Tractors, SH Kelkar, Moser Baer Projects and Monnet Power Company in India, and various real estate acquisitions in Australia, China, India and Singapore
- PAG Asia Capital in connection with the $443 million going private transaction involving Funtalk China Holdings Limited
- Merrill Lynch (Asia Pacific) in connection with the $2.3 billion going private transaction involving Shanda Interactive Entertainment Limited
- China National Agrochemical Corporation in its $2.4 billion acquisition of Makhteshim Agan Industries in Israel
- MMI Holdings Limited in its acquisitions of Intriplex Technologies, Precision Magnetics Singapore and the Metalform Group in China, Thailand and Singapore
- CDH Growth Capital in its proposal with a consortium led by TPG for a potential going private transaction involving CNinsure Inc.
- Blum Capital Partners in its investment in Pacific Alliance Group in Hong Kong in connection with a tender offer to acquire Secured Capital Japan Ltd. in Japan
- TCC Assets Limited, an affiliate of Thai Beverage PLC, in its S$13.8 billion tender offer for shares of Fraser and Neave Limited in Singapore
Selected transactions while based in New York include representations of:
- Gas Natural SDG in its $28.5 billion unsolicited exchange offer for Endesa in Spain
- Mars, Incorporated in its $23 billion acquisition of Wm. Wrigley, Jr. Company
- Rinker Group in the $15.3 billion unsolicited tender offer in Australia launched by CEMEX
- Sirius Satellite Radio in its $13 billion merger with XM Satellite Radio
- Manulife Financial Corporation in its $11 billion merger with John Hancock Financial Services
- Blackstone in its $9 billion acquisition of Trizec Properties
- adidas AG in its $3.8 billion acquisition of Reebok and its sale of The Greg Norman Collection
- Claire’s Stores, Inc. in its $3.1 billion sale to an affiliate of Apollo Management
- KKR in its C$3 billion acquisition of the Yellow Pages Group from Bell Canada
- Vivendi in its €2.8 billion takeover of GVT (Holding) in Brazil
- Grey Global Group Inc. in its $1.5 billion sale to WPP Group plc
- PRIMEDIA Inc. in the $1.2 billion sale of its Enthusiast Media business
Ms. Sudol is currently located in our Hong Kong office, after practicing in our New York office from 1998 through 2010. She received her B.S., from Northwestern University, School of Speech, in 1995 and her J.D. from New York University School of Law in 1998. Ms. Sudol has served as a trustee of The First Presbyterian Church in New York and on the National Women’s Law Center Leadership 35 committee. Ms. Sudol has been recognized by The New York Times in “The Facebook of Wall Street’s Future,” and has been named as a leading private equity and M&A lawyer in Hong Kong by IFLR1000, Legal 500, Chambers Asia Pacific and Chambers Global. In 2011, Ms. Sudol was named one of Law360’s Top Female Deal Makers.
||New York 1999
||Hong Kong 2011
||New York University School of Law, 1998 J.D.
||Northwestern University, 1995 B.S.